Irish sea moss 50g
7.00£ SISALDAB 20% KÄIBEMAKSU
Irish moss (Chondrus Crispus) or sea moss – a versatile Atlantic seaweed for experimenting in the kitchen and for health. Organic Irish moss is:
- 100% natural;
- preservative-free; GMO-free;
- certified organic;
- gluten, lactose and soy-free;
- suitable for vegans.
Irish Sea Moss 50g
What Is the Irish Moss?
Irish Moss (Chondrus Crispus) or Sea Moss is a sweet and salty red sea moss known as carrageenan, which grows on the rocky coast of the Atlantic Ocean and also carries the title of superfood. This powerful algae is truly versatile and has an impressive nutritional profile, rich in iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, zinc, vitamins C and B12, antioxidants and antiviral compounds. Irish moss is also considered to be one of the best sources of plant omega-3 fatty acids.
What Else Is Irish Sea Moss Good For?
Irish moss may have a soothing effect on an upset gut.
Irish sea moss may also help with:
- digestive problems such as gastritis, nausea, heartburn, vomiting;
- elimination of toxins from the body;
- high iodine levels in hypothyroidism and iodine deficiency;
- weight problems – reduces appetite and creates a feeling of fullness;
- fatigue and tiredness;
- prevention of cancer;
- blood sugar imbalance;
- relieving skin problems such as dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis;
- preventing premature ageing and wrinkles
- relieving coughs, colds and sore throats.
How to Use This Powerful Algae?
Irish moss is a truly versatile plant, perfect as a natural thickener in a variety of desserts, as well as a superfood. But how to use seaweed more specifically? Gel made from Irish moss is suitable for use as a face mask, for mixing into smoothies, as an egg substitute, for thickening desserts and for applying to the skin in case of skin problems. To prepare the gel, do the following: place about 20 g of seaweed leaves in water to soak for 12-48 hours. Then strain the water and place the leaves in a blender. Add ¾ cup of clean water and process until a uniform texture is achieved. Store the algae gel in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use as needed. The gel will store up to 1 month in the refrigerator.
- Add the leaves to soups and salads or blend into smoothies.
- Irish moss has a sweet-salty taste and is perfect for fresh salads as well as for drizzling over pasta, soups, stews and porridge.
- You can also add seaweed leaves to smoothies.
How to Store the Product Correctly?
It is best to keep the algae pack in a dry and cool place, protected from direct sunlight.