Blue Spirulina 50g
SISALDAB 20% KÄIBEMAKSU
- Blue Spirulina, also known as Phycocyanin, is a substance isolated from green spirulina.
- Blue Spirulina is truly a superfood, containing worthy properties like antioxidants, proteins, minerals, carotenoids, vitamins and nutrients, including vitamin K and iron.
- It may give your immune system a boost by flushing out toxins and heavy metals and promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria.
- HOW TO USE: Add Blue Spirulina to smoothies, ice creams, cakes, raw porridges, yoghurts, milkshakes, baked foods and other recipes to make it visually attractive.
- Blue Spirulina is natural, gluten-free and also free from GMO.
Glamorous blue food without any additives
Blue smoothies, colorful baked goods and exciting desserts – what is the mysterious ingredient that makes it all possible? Is there really such a thing as a natural blue food dye that, as a bonus, also has a high nutritional value and exciting taste? YES, THERE IS. Thanks to blue spirulina, you can now give up food colors full of synthetic ingredients and still enjoy exciting desserts and blue smoothies that make your heart race! But what’s the secret of blue spirulina?
Blue smoothie is the new green!
Blue Spirulina is a bright blue pigment, extracted from the green algae spirulina, which grows in lakes, springs and ponds. Besides high nutritional value, blue spirulina has the ability to give your favourite recipes an amazing electric blue color in a natural way. Due to its strong pigmentation (phycocyanin), blue spirulina can be used to add vivid blue color to any food. Add half a teaspoon of blue spirulina to your morning smoothie or raw porridge and make your breakfast more exciting!
Is there a difference between blue and green spirulina?
You are probably familiar with green spirulina because of its rather intense flavor, which can take some time and patience to get used to. Blue spirulina is a different story! Blue spirulina powder has been stripped of the fishy flavor of green spirulina, while still retaining all the goodness and benefits. If you have tried adding green spirulina to a smoothie and didn’t like the taste, it’s definitely worth giving blue spirulina a try! By using blue spirulina in smoothies, you get an earthy and truly delicious blue smoothie without a single ounce of that unfamiliar fishy taste and smell!
Blue Spirulina is a good source of plant protein and carotenoids
Containing as much protein as egg, more calcium than milk and more beta-carotene than carrots, blue spirulina is truly a superfood, which may help to
- strengthen the immune system
- support cells
- increase energy and performance
- promote beneficial bacteria
- eliminate accumulated toxins and heavy metals
- has powerful anti-inflammatory properties
4 reasons to give Blue Spirulina a chance
- May help to remove heavy metals and toxins – High vitamin B content takes care of the intestinal tract.
- May help with weight loss – Blue spirulina contains about 50-70% protein. Taking it 30 minutes before a meal with, for example, water, will help you feel less hungry and thus avoid over-eating.
- Blue Spirulina may increase energy and performance.
- You eat with your eyes first – Add it to smoothies, lattes, desserts, noodles or rice. Make blue lemonade or refreshing ice cream.
How to use Blue Spirulina?
In your favourite recipes … of course – just let your imagination run wild. If you want to make a delicious and healthy blue smoothie, a colorful dessert or an exciting cocktail, blue spirulina is a perfect choice!
Its beautiful color makes it a valuable addition to
- raw porridge
- ice cream
- baked goods*
- and many more…
*if processing blue spirulina at high temperatures, it may lose some of its bright color and beneficial properties, if you wish to bake striped bread or an interestingly colored biscuit, you can still mix blue spirulina into the dough, but bear in mind that the nutritional value and brightness of the blue shade will not be quite the same as for uncooked foods.
You can mix blue spirulina powder with yellow fruits (such as mango) to get a green color, but you can also mix them with pink or red colors (such as Centralsun’s pink dragon fruit powder or berries) to get a lavender or purple hue.
Recipe corner: exciting recipes with blue spirulina
Blue smoothie with spirulina
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup of coconut water or plant milk.
- 1-2 tsp Centralsun’s blue spirulina
Instructions: Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until the texture is silky smooth. Pour the smoothie into a bowl and garnish with whatever you like.
Blue chia pudding with blue spirulina
- ½ cup of chia seeds
- 2 tsp Centralsun’s blue spirulina
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 50 ml full fat coconut milk
- 300 ml almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla ( optional)
- berries of your choice (optional, for garnishing)
Instructions: Mix chia seeds with almond milk, spirulina, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir thoroughly, then refrigerate for a few hours. When the pudding is ready, whip the coconut cream and place the dessert in layers in a goblet. Serve with berries, if you wish. Enjoy!
Smoothie bowl with blue spirulina
- 2 frozen bananas
- a handful of frozen mango cubes
- ½ cup of coconut water
- 1/2 cup coconut chips
- 2 tsp Centralsun’s blue spirulina
Instructions: Place the frozen bananas in a blender and add mango cubes, spirulina, and coconut water. Process until the texture is smooth and creamy. Then pour the smoothie mixture into a bowl of your choice (such as a coconut bowl), garnish with berries and coconut chips of your choice.
Keep the package at room temperature, protected from direct sunlight. Close the package properly after use. Texture may change upon exposure to moisture.
Centralsun Blue Spirulina Powder is suitable for vegans. Free of added sugars, gluten, GMOs.
Laurel Stanton (verified owner) –
Nice product. I use it in icecreams and smoothie bowls.. also made frosting for a birthday cake with it. Like that there is no strong taste like with green spirulina.
Anastasia Butler (verified owner) –
I like the product, will buy it again. Good quality and fast delivery.
Daniela Jackman (verified owner) –
Nice strong pigment. No bad taste. Thank you 🙂