Strengthen your immune system with one fruit! Would you like to replenish your vitamin and mineral stores with just one fruit? This exciting fruit is packed with a huge amount of health-promoting vitamins, minerals and fibre.
What is jackfruit?
The fruit of the jackfruit, or breadfruit, is native to tropical climates and is considered to be the world’s largest fruit. It is also considered one of the healthiest foods because of its high vitamin and mineral content. Jackfruit is particularly known for being richness in vitamin C – it is one of the best fruits to replenish your vitamin and mineral stores!
When ripe, the fruit is sweet, with a taste reminding of a mixture of banana, mango and pineapple, but when added to foods it easily takes on the flavours of other nutrients. Jackfruit is therefore perfect for smoothies and baked goods.
Why is jackfruit good for your health?
– Jackfruit is rich in magnesium. It helps to improve sleep quality and to prevent the main causes of insomnia. Sleep health is a very important part of healthy human functioning!
– The seeds of jackfruit help to reduce ‘bad’ cholesterol (LDL) and raise ‘good’ cholesterol (HDL) levels. This is especially important for your heart health.
– Jackfruit seeds are a good source of potassium, which helps to lower blood pressure, neutralise the effects of sodium in the body and protect and clean the walls of blood vessels.
– Jackfruit contains several phytonutrients which contain antioxidants and bioactive anti-cancer components.
– Thanks to its high vitamin A content, jackfruit powder is also great for your eye health!
Source of vitamin C
Jackfruit is rich in vitamin C, which is an effective antioxidant and essential for a healthy immune system and to fight organisms that make us ill. This gives jackfruit antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties. Vitamin C also plays an important role in the body’s production of collagen, which in turn is essential for maintaining bone and skin health, but also in healing wounds.
Jackfruit as a meat replacement
Due to its high fibre content, jackfruit is used as a substitute for meat in vegetarian dishes. It is when cooked that the texture of jackfruit becomes similar to that of meat, and its neutral taste makes it suitable for a variety of dishes. In addition, the nutritional value of jackfruit is low in calories, making it suitable for any weight-loss diet. It is also an important digestive stimulant due to its fibre value.
Why prefer freeze-dried jackfruit powder?
Freeze-dried jackfruit powder is the easiest way to add the wonderful active ingredients of this interesting fruit to your food. Because the freeze-drying process is carried out at a very low temperature, the powder retains all the benefits and none of the vitamins or minerals are destroyed in the process.
Also, freeze-dried jackfruit powder is more affordable than buying the whole fruit, as you can get the vitamins and minerals you need from just 2-3 spoonful.
Centralsun freeze-dried jackfruit powder is 100% additive-free and vegan. Free from added sugars, gluten and GMOs.
You can find freeze-dried jackfruit powder in our online store HERE.
For whom is freeze dried jackfruit powder for?
If you’re thinking about boosting your immune system and want to do it as simply as possible, then jackfruit powder is for you.
If you are suffering from insomnia or want to improve the quality of your sleep, freeze-dried jackfruit powder is one of the best options for you thanks to its high magnesium content.
If you’re looking for something new and exciting to add to your smoothie or meal, jackfruit powder can help boost the nutritional value of your smoothie without the big difference in taste.
How to use freeze-dried jackfruit powder?
Jackfruit powder can be used in baked goods, for example. It is gluten-free, so it’s suitable for everyone!
Due to its low carbohydrate content, jackfruit powder is also very suitable for weight watchers. For example, you can use it to make raw bars or add it to unflavoured yoghurt with berries!
Freeze-dried jackfruit powder helps the body to absorb iron. As beetroot is an iron-rich vegetable, you could try an interesting salad: add java powder to cooked and grated beetroot.
Add freeze-dried jackfruit powder to your evening smoothie or baked goods. Jackfruit powder helps to improve the quality of sleep and is a good remedy for insomnia.
Recipe: vegan banana and jackfruit powder pancakes (gluten-free and sugar-free)
- 300g oatmeal
- 2 bananas
- 300ml oat milk
- 100ml water
- 3tbsp Centralsun freeze-dried jackfruit powder.
- 30g blueberries
- olive oil for frying
1. Mash the bananas with a fork.
2. Add the oatmeal, Centralsun powder and after mixing, add slowly also the milk.
3. You can also add water to the mixture if you feel the dough is too thick.
4. Finally, add the blueberries and fry with olive oil.