Butterfly Pea powder 100g
15.00€ SISALDAB 20% KÄIBEMAKSU
- Dried butterfly pea powder, sometimes referred to as “blue matcha” is very well known as a natural blue food dye.
- Butterfly pea powder is used to create beautiful smoothies, lattes, coffee drinks as well as baked foods and desserts. Butterfly Pea Powder is often used as a cocktail ingredient.
- If you want to add an appealing royal/indigo/mauve/electric blue color to your recipes, add ½ tbsp of butterfly pea powder to your dish.
- This brightly coloured powder is truly full of surprises, offering health benefits and the excitement of experimenting in the kitchen!
- Let’s take a closer look at this spunky plant!
A holy flower with purple-blue blossoms
Butterfly Pea is a plant growing in tropical climates, especially in Asia. The attractive deep blue blossoms of butterfly pea have been used for hundreds of years in Chinese medicine and Ayurveda, particularly as a remedy to improve memory and brain function. Butterfly pea is effective in improving circulation and supporting eye health. In addition, this amazing plant also nourishes the skin and hair, making it a common ingredient in beauty products.
Butterfly Pea Powder – a nutrient bomb
- The antioxidants in butterfly pea powder stimulate collagen and elastin synthesis, helping to prevent premature aging and keep skin looking young.
- The high antioxidant content in butterfly pea powder helps to support the body’s resistance and boost the immune system.
- The anthocyanins in butterfly pea powder support cardiovascular health by reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Butterfly pea powder helps to maintain skin health, alleviates a variety of skin problems and makes skin radiant and beautiful. Butterfly pea has been found to increase cognitive function and improve concentration, calming the body and reducing anxiety
Luminous indigo color in fine powder
Butterfly Pea powder is known for its vivid indigo color. The flower blossoms have been dried and ground into a fine butterfly pea powder that can be added to smoothie bowls, lattes, pancakes or sprinkled on your favourite desserts and baked foods. Butterfly pea powder is rather neutral in flavour and will not dominate your food. A comparison can be made with green tea, as this is what butterfly pea tastes like. It is awesome to dye food using natural ingredients!
Butterfly pea is a truly magic plant!
The plant is PH-sensitive and reacts with acidic liquids. When in contact with hot water, the result is a cobalt blue tea drink. If you squeeze in lemon juice, however, the drink turns purple. However, if you add hibiscus petals to the drink, it turns it fuchsia pink. The drink turns from pink back to blue when in contact with baking soda. Just add a gram of soda and the blue colour is back! Using these tips, you can make wonderful meals and drinks, adding a splash of colour to your everyday life!
Let your imagination run wild!
If you would like to spice up your favourite drink or meal, butterfly pea powder is exactly the right choice for it! Butterfly pea powder can be used to garnish practically any meal or drink.
Cool places to give it a try:
- Sushi (add butterfly pea powder to sushi rice)
Feel free to add the powder to pasta, pastries, smoothies, cocktails or even sushi rice and take your sushi experience to a whole new level! f you want to make a tangy tea drink, for example, you can add lemon juice, honey, ginger, mint or cinnamon to butterfly pea powder.
Enjoy blue matcha in the morning instead of coffee!
Butterfly Pea powder is often used to make blue tea and … matcha. Enjoy it in the morning instead of coffee, or as an afternoon pick-me-up – whatever works for you!
3 reasons to add blue matcha to your daily routine:
- Unlike green matcha, blue matcha made from butterfly pea powder is CAFFEINE-FREE. Thus, it’s suitable for anyone who prefers to reduce or avoid caffeine intake.
- Blue matcha is a host of powerful properties, helping to improve concentration and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Blue matcha made from butterfly pea powder has anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties.
To make blue matcha you need:
- ½ cup of hot water
- ½ cup of unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- ½ tsp butterfly pea powder
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
Keep the package at room temperature, protected from direct sunlight. Close the package properly after use. Texture may change upon exposure to moisture.
Centralsun Butterfly Pea powder is 100% pure and vegan. Free of additives, gluten, GMOs
Karen Peso (verified owner) –
Keyla Walker (verified owner) –
Very pleased with the product. I love making lattes with it and adding it to chia puddings
Nataly Lowe (verified owner) –
I like the product. Lasts for a long time.
Andres Eenmaa (verified owner) –
Very healthy and will be buying again! 🙂