Is one of those sunny, bright and zesty yellow smoothies missing from your daily routine? We have a solution! To help you whip up a truly tropical smoothie, we’ve got some great tips and suggestions! Are you ready?
The key ingredient in a tropical smoothie – freeze-dried pineapple powder
You could say that the pineapple is the king of tropical fruits – both for its gorgeous appearance, golden yellow flesh and tangy flavour. While pineapple is also great in salads, juices and desserts, there’s no getting around a tropical smoothie! To bring out the best of the tropical pineapple, freeze-dried pineapple powder is the perfect for smoothies for a number of reasons. Freeze-dried pineapple powder has a sweet and tangy flavour, so it adds a nice tropical touch to your smoothie, taking you to a world of tropical flavours from the comfort of your own home. Because the freeze-dried powder is dehydrated, it preserves for a long time, allowing you to whip up one delicious yellow smoothie just when you want it. What’s more, freeze-dried pineapple powder guarantees a great taste experience every time because only the best, ripe fruits end up in the package! Also, unlike fresh pineapple, freeze-dried pineapple powder does not leave the mucous membranes of your mouth or your tongue tender, so you can enjoy it without discomfort
- in case of stress. B-group vitamins such as vitamin B6 and folate, or vitamin B9, found in pineapple, increase the body’s ability to cope with stress effectively .
- in case of blood pressure issues. Due to its high potassium content, pineapple helps keep your blood pressure stable. As potassium has a vasodilating effect, it helps to relieve tension in the blood vessels.
- in the presence of intestinal problems. An enzyme in pineapple called bromelain helps you to care for your gut health by supporting digestion. Bromelain breaks down proteins into amino acids, making them easier to digest.
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen).
- 2 tablespoons Centralsun’s freeze-dried pineapple powder
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 1-2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- small handful of ice