Butterfly Pea flowers 25g
5.86$ SISALDAB 20% KÄIBEMAKSU
- Butterfly pea flowers are used to create beautiful teas, lattes, lemonade as well as baked foods and desserts.
- These flowers will add an appealing royal/indigo/mauve/electric blue color to your dishes.
- Let’s take a closer look at this spunky plant!
A holy flower with purple-blue blossoms
Butterfly Pea is a plant growing in tropical climates, especially in Asia. The attractive deep blue blossoms of butterfly pea have been used for hundreds of years in Chinese medicine and Ayurveda, particularly as a remedy to improve memory and brain function. Butterfly pea is effective in improving circulation and supporting eye health. In addition, this amazing plant also nourishes the skin and hair, making it a common ingredient in beauty products.
Butterfly Pea flower – a nutrient bomb
- The antioxidants in butterfly pea flowers stimulate collagen and elastin synthesis, helping to prevent premature aging and keep skin looking young.
- The high antioxidant content in butterfly pea flowers helps to support the body’s resistance and boost the immune system.
- The anthocyanins in butterfly pea flowers support cardiovascular health by reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Butterfly pea helps to maintain skin health, alleviates a variety of skin problems and makes skin radiant and beautiful. Butterfly pea has been found to increase cognitive function and improve concentration, calming the body and reducing anxiety
Luminous indigo color
Butterfly Pea is known for its vivid indigo color. The flower blossoms have been dried and can be added to smoothie tea or used for many other recipes to create blue lattes, pancakes, your favourite desserts and baked foods. Butterfly pea is rather neutral in flavour and will not dominate your food. A comparison can be made with green tea, as this is what butterfly pea tastes like. It is awesome to dye food using natural ingredients!
Butterfly pea is a truly magic plant!
The plant is PH-sensitive and reacts with acidic liquids. When in contact with hot water, the result is a cobalt blue tea drink. If you squeeze in lemon juice, however, the drink turns purple. However, if you add hibiscus petals to the drink, it turns it fuchsia pink. The drink turns from pink back to blue when in contact with baking soda. Just add a gram of soda and the blue colour is back! Using these tips, you can make wonderful meals and drinks, adding a splash of colour to your everyday life!
Let your imagination run wild!
If you would like to spice up your favourite drink or meal, butterfly pea flowers are exactly the right choice for it! Butterfly pea can be used to garnish practically any meal or drink.
Keep the package at room temperature, protected from direct sunlight. Close the package properly after use. Texture may change upon exposure to moisture.
Centralsun Butterfly Pea flowers are 100% pure and vegan. Free of additives, gluten, GMOs